Wednesday, June 24, 2009

While Mom's Out

They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Here's a little something to endorse that idea. My eight year old daughter, Autumn, is a crafter at heart... just like Mom. Last night I had to be out fairly late leaving Autumn somewhat on her own until I got home. (Dad was sleeping) This is what I came home to... A little Autumn "fairy"!


She has taken a liking to beads, so I had given her a roll of stretchy cord for bracelets. She decided that it would work well for a mask as well so she picked a few leaves off my ficus tree (not real) and with some paper, tape, scissors and a bit of imagination made herself a mask. She liked her mask so much that she decided some fairy wings were in order. A little more paper, tape, and a couple sticks later... viola! a complete fairy outfit. I was rather impressed, well except for picking the leaves off my tree.. She is also very good at dressing her barbies with paper clothing. Hmmm.... maybe a future fashion designer?

No comments: