Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer vacation

It's here. Well almost. Summer vacation. We all dreamed of it when we were kids and dread it as parents. I was lucky with my older children as I was a stay at home mom and didn't need to worry about summer vacation. It just meant I had lots of company for a few months:) But times have changed and I have needed to work outside the home for the majority of my youngest daughters life. Summer vacation has meant hunting for daycare that I could trust, cooking extra meals to be re-heated while I'm at work and being just too darned tired to do anything fun with her. There was a brief time period that I did decide to work from home and did exceptionally well, but found that I spent more time actually working than I did when I was employed outside the home. I decided that working part time was the answer and found the perfect job for me... designing and teaching jewelry! I was so WRONG! I have spent so much time and creative energy creating for someone else that I had lost the desire to create for myself. So I made the decision to spend the summer home with Autumn and get my passion for beading back! This is possible because I have shaved our household expenses and learned how to shop strategically. (I'll write more on that later.) Tomorrow is her last day of school for the year and Saturday is my last day of work for a few months. I spent today getting ready:

1. got all bills paid.
2. got together a few fun inexpensive projects for us to do together.
3. fell in love with my beads again.
4. opened up a new shop on bonanzle.

I am ready for and looking forward to summer vacation for the first time in such a long time. Four more days and I can't wait~

No comments: